Travel Kit Necessities: Your Herbal Arsenal

Aromatherapy inhalers are easy to transport and easy to use.

So I recently had to travel across the country by plane, and sitting on board breathing in recycled air and hearing people coughing made me very glad that I had my herbal travel kit. I almost always feel like I am coming down with something after being exposed to a plethora of pathogens and dry recycled air on board a plane.  Airborne pathogens, despite filters designed to help reduce them on board, are a  significant and realistic threat.1  When a girl sitting across from me in a terminal was sneezed on and froze, half amused and half disgusted, I offered her some Thieves Hand Sanitizer.  She was very grateful. 

So, I include in my travel kit:
  •   One Thieves Aromatherapy Inhaler
  •  One Breathe Easy Aromatherapy Inhaler (These function as my personal air purifiers.)
  •  One bottle of Thieves Hand Sanitizer.
  •  One bottle of Bach Rescue Remedy (for natural stress relief).
  •  A few bags of Kick A$$ tea for immune support
  •  Horehound cough drops/candy or ginger candy for keeping my throat from feeling dry on the plane.  (Ginger can also be supportive for those who have travel sickness.  It was long  recommended for morning sickness but recently there has been some discussion as to whether it is safe for those who are pregnant). 

Other items that can be useful can include antibacterial salves or ointments, pain relieving oil blends or salves (such as Cayenne Aches & Pains Salve or Sore Muscle Relief Blend).

I also include a tiny sample size of eye cream and body butter or shea butter hand cream, to keep myself comfortable and moisturized. 


There are many other things that you can consider, of course, specific to the time of year or to your destination.  This is my basic arsenal.  



1.    1.  Hwang, G., DiCarlo, A., & Lin, G. (2011). An analysis on the detection of biological contaminants aboard aircraft. PloS one.6(1), . Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21264266
2.    2.  Thieves essential oils. Retrieved January 26, 2017, from http://www.easy-home-made.com/thieves_essential_oils.html


Comments

  1. this is brilliant, you should put together a little travel kit of all these in sample sizes I would totally buy that ,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Survivalist

Resolutions you can live with. How to actuate self care.

Herbs in Hoodoo, Root Magic and Superstition